When you’re coming from Toronto, or really, anywhere else in Southern Ontario, the obvious attractions include Blue Mountain Resort and the surrounding private ski clubs: Toronto, Craigleith, Alpine, Georgian Peaks, Osler’s Bluff, Devil’s Glen, Mansfield, and Beaver Valley. So, of course, most people think of the area as excellent for skiing.
Blue Mountain IS the largest hill in Ontario. The skiing is fabulous, and the mountain village boasts over 40 shops. What people don’t always know is the area is really a 4-season paradise! Choose from so many activities, including:
- Skiing & snowboarding
- Fat biking
- Ridgerunner Mountain Coaster
- Hi/Lo Ropes
- Scenic Caves
- And so much more . . .
In addition to activities and shopping, Blue Mountain resort has over 1000 different accommodations . . .
But what if you didn’t need to stay there to enjoy all Blue Mountain has to offer?
What if you could live in the Georgian Bay area full-time?
When you move to Collingwood, you can take advantage of Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, and the surrounding areas all year long. We’ve got:
- Wasaga Beach, the world’s longest freshwater beach in the world
- The best hiking in Ontario on the world-renowned Bruce Trail
- A beautiful, protected harbour, perfect for sailing, kayaking, fishing, or watersports
- An abundance of shoreline, lakes, and rivers
- Historic Downtown with unique stores and music piped through the streets.
- Typical box stores like Walmart, Home Depot, Staples, Canadian Tire, and Sport-Check
- An active entertainment lifestyle, in town and up at Blue Mountain, with plenty of restaurants, pubs, and outdoor patios.
- Fantastic cycling and walking trails in and around the town of Collingwood
- Quiet, 4-season lifestyle with something for everyone.
Of course, if you’re not quite ready to abandon city life, we’re only 2 hours from downtown Toronto. That means the area is perfect for a weekend getaway, with no 400-series highways in sight!
Real Estate in the Collingwood Area
As far as real estate in the Collingwood area goes, there is a good, stable market where homes are still less expensive than Toronto, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, or surrounding areas. It doesn’t matter whether you’re looking for a condo, a subdivision build, a cottage on the bay, a country home, or a vacant lot to build your dream home, you’ll find more value for your money here.
Imagine waking up every morning feeling like you’re still on vacation, or viewing spectacular sunsets from your waterfront or beachfront property. Imagine driving for 20 minutes and actually getting somewhere, or having coffee on your porch without the noise and dust of buses and trucks going by.
Can’t quite find what you’re looking for? Thinking of purchasing a property to renovate? I’m well-connected with area builders and trades so I can help you there too.
If you’ve got questions about buying a home in Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Stayner, or Creemore, shoot me a message today.