Maybe I Hired the Wrong Realtor?
Have you ever heard that before? Maybe you have said that before, or are saying that now!!
Well, let me ask you a question. If you list your car for sale, in the newspaper or online, is it the newspaper’s fault if it does not sell? Could it be because the car is in bad condition, or maybe the price is too high, or simply no one happens to be looking for a 1971 Datsun?
Reasons Why Your Home Isn’t Selling
Maybe selling your home is similar to selling a car. Homes stay on the market for many reasons:
- Does your home need a little attention to minor details? Can you spruce up its appearance to make it look its best?
- Maybe it’s the location (a busy highway, or a tightly packed subdivision, for example). Perhaps you are sitting on the banks of a river, or in a flood plain, or in an area designated for windmills.
- Does it have curb appeal? Does the large yard need a lot of garden work?
- Is there a bigger issue, like asbestos in your home?
- Maybe it’s Supply & Demand. It could be there just aren’t enough buyers out there looking for a home just like yours, at the moment. Perhaps the price is too high
There are many reasons your home may not be selling. It is possible to hire the wrong agent. Sometimes, you just don’t have the right rapport. It could be agent-related, but chances are one of these other factors are related to why your home isn’t selling. With a good marketing program and the right agent, a home will usually sell when it is priced right.
It Takes Planning
If you choose to work with me, we will address these things right from the start. From the first time we sit down together, we’ll talk about the real estate market and activity, the best price for your home, what you need to do to maximize the bottom line, the types of buyers looking for your style and location of homes, and what I do to market your home. We will also talk about how to deal with an offer when it comes in, and all the options you have.
If you have any questions with regards to this blog or any other real estate questions, feel free to email me or call me. I am always glad to help. If would like to buy or sell real estate in the Creemore, Stayner, Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Mulmur or Grey Highlands areas, look me up.
I look forward to personally and professionally serving you.